Ten years ago, it was 1996. Take this survey, post the results, and see how many things have changed since then.
1) How old were you?
THEN: 22/23
NOW: 32/33
2) Where did you go to school?
THEN: I was taking a break from school, U of MN-Twin Cities; I went back part-time in the fall of '96 or '97.
NOW: I have thoughts about going to law school eventually, but I need to get other stuff figured out first.
3) Where did you work?
THEN: The law firm of Schwebel, Goetz & Sieben -- I was promoted to the records clerk position in April of '96.
NOW:
4) Where did you live?
THEN: I moved into an apartment with a couple of friends in June.
NOW: Stuck at the 'rents' for now. *sigh*
5) How was your hairstyle?
THEN: I couldn't possibly recall that; it's changed a lot over the years.
NOW: I have no idea how to describe it. Layers, the longest layer covers my neck at the moment (I'm due for a cut).
6) Did you wear braces?
THEN: No.
NOW: No.
7) Did you wear contacts?
THEN: Yes.
NOW: Yes.
8) Did you wear glasses?
THEN: Not if I can help it, but I need them if my contacts aren't in.
NOW: Same, but I'm hoping to find a pair I can stand to wear this summer.
9) Who was your best friend?
THEN: It's been a long time since I had just one person I thought of as this. My best friends were Barb and Julie, and JoAnn by the end of the year.
NOW: Those three, plus Kathy and Jessica.
10) Which of your pets were still alive?
THEN: I think our family cat Keeke was still alive in '96, but I think she died in October or so.
NOW: Guinness and Blazer.
11) Who was your boyfriend/girlfriend?
THEN: In late '96 I started dating Matt. That lasted until right after Valentine's Day '97.
NOW: None.
12) Who was your celebrity crush?
THEN: I've never really been one to crush on 'em.
NOW: I might have a list I don't mind lookin' at, though.
13) Who was your regular-person crush?
THEN: Eh, not so much for regular-person crushes either.
NOW: Not a one.
14) How many piercings did you have?
THEN: One in each ear.
NOW: Same.
15) How many tattoos did you have?
THEN: None.
NOW: None.
16) What was your favorite band/singer?
THEN: Heck if I remember.
NOW: I'm not sure I can narrow it down to one. U2?
17) Had you smoked cigarettes?
THEN: No.
NOW: No.
18) Had you gotten drunk?
THEN: A little bit.
NOW: A little bit less.
19) Had you DRIVEN?
THEN: Yes.
NOW: Yes.
20) If so which car?
THEN: 1991 Geo Prizm. I loved that car.
NOW: 2001 Chevy Cavalier Z24. I love this car a lot too.
21) Looking back, are you where you thought you would be in 2006?
Definitely not.
4 comments:
Cool. I don't know what you thought, but it was kinda interseting to look back at where I was versus where I am. :)
Mostly I'm surprised by how little I remember. 1996 wasn't that long ago, was it?
It freaks me out to realize that 1996 was the year I went on Exchange to Poland. I'm getting old.
I think I'd likely be disappointed if I did a post like this so I'll leave it to you. I guess I haven't changed that much over the years.
Post a Comment